The Adopt-A-Riverbank project aimed to get as many people as possible engaged in visiting and monitoring their local riverbank. The project was conceived as an initiative to develop and broaden the activities of Pembrokeshire Rivers Trust, building on projects that the Trust has been involved in over the last few years.
The project achieved its aims of engaging approximately 200 people and getting them involved with riverbank activities, with activities as follows:
• 4 Community riverbank events
• 3 School events
• County show displays
• Social media training course for volunteers
• Creation of social media feeds including dedicated Facebook page and Flikr/Instagram
• Presentation to Schools Foundation officers on Water Rivers and Wildlife education project
• Presentation to local Community Council to establish riverbank group
• Plus a number of other visits and meetings
For more details please click here to download the end of project report.